- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 8, 2017
About Protein Rich Bread Toast:
The kid at my home was not happy with my cooking until last night! Asked him why? He said that I have always been preparing either sweets/desserts or something for adults and nothing for kids. So, I have planned to come up with some quick and easy kid-friendly recipes. He is also joining me in preparing them.
This is our first kid-friendly recipe. Paneer, Corn and Sprouts Toast with Cheese. A protein-rich bread toast. The kid said a big yes for this with a broad smile. And now all that he wants to do is feeding his Jimmy toy with this toast.
Apart from the ingredients, the recipe requires a bread toaster or griller to make the sandwiches.
- If you don’t have a sandwich maker or griller, you can do the same in a pan/tawa.
- Instead of chilli flakes, you can use pepper.
- You can also add tomato ketchup or sauce in the mix if you prefer.
- Place a skillet on a medium flame. Add butter and sauté the scallion.
- Add the grated paneer, corn and sprouts and stir it well. Add a little salt and cook the mix about 5 minutes.
- Add chilli flakes to the mix. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Let the mix cool a little. Meanwhile, butter the bread slices.
- Place some mix on a bread slice and sparkle the grated cheese over it, as you require. Cover the bread slice with another piece of it.
- Place it in the toaster and toast it for about 5 minutes.
- Halve the toast and serve them hot with a cup of milk.