- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Sweets & Desserts
- Posted by
- Posted on
- August 23, 2017
About Oreo Paneer Modak:
Vinayaka Chaturthi is a much-celebrated festival in the southern and western parts of India. It’s a ten days celebration especially in the states of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Beautifully painted and decorated idols of Lord Vinayaka is installed at homes and public place in pandals. During the puja times in the morning and evening Modak or Modakam, the beloved sweet of Lord Ganesha is offered to him.
Modak is a sweet dumpling usually made with coconut and jaggery inside. In Marathi, it is called Modak, and in Tamil it is Modakam or sometimes it is called Kozhakkattai. Now there are multiple versions of Modaks are available at shops and particularly during this season of Vinayaka Chaturthi thousands and thousands of Modak are prepared distributed to the devotees of this elephant headed deity.
Here I have come with my version of Modak with paneer and oreo biscuits. Apart from the ingredients, this recipe requires a Modak mould to shape the Modaks. Wishing you all a Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi.
- Instead of Oreo, you can use any other biscuits of your choice.
- You can also add powdered pistachio or cashew nuts.
- Remove the creamy portion in the Oreo Biscuits and grind the biscuits to a fine powder.
- Grate the paneer and grind it until it turns a fine paste.
- Add the powdered biscuits and cream to the paneer. Knead the mixture well.
- Add butter, condensed milk and Cardamom Powder into a hot pan on medium low flame and slowly stir until the mixture is bubbly.
- Add the Paneer and Biscuit mixture to it and slowly mix it well with a spatula. Once the mixture becomes thick switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool a little.
- Grease the Modak mould with little butter and take a small portion of the mixture at a time in your palm and roll it.
- Press the mixture in the mould and shape it. Remove the Excess mixture.
- Now slowly remove the Modak keep on oil sheet or butter greased plate.
- Serve with Lunch or Evening tea.