- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 04 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- May 14, 2017
About Mango Kulfi with Cinnamon:
You really don’t have to find a reason to celebrate the month of May, as it brings mother’s day, mango and summer together.
Cinnamon is a spice that is made from the inner bark of trees called Cinnamomum. It’s praised as the queen of Sri Lankan spices. Apart from its usage in culinary works, it has a lot of medicinal properties. There are almost 15 different kinds of cinnamon are available in the region of Asia. Sri Lankan Cinnamon or the Ceylonese Cinnamon is considered as the premium among all and much used in most of the cuisines across the globe.
Kulfi a classical Indian frozen dessert. I have made attempt here, to give a twist to Mango Kulfi recipe recently I had observed in an advertisement by adding Ceylonese Cinnamon to it. This is a tribute to all the mothers in the world, including mine who is a dessert and confectionery expert and taught me the art of cooking.
- You can replace the mangoes in the same recipe with strawberries, papaya, banana, jack fruit, and muskmelon.
- You can use pistachio, cashew nuts, red cherries and saffron instead of fruit garnishing.
- You use the kulfi moulds instead of a large container, to attract the kids.
- Peel and chop 03 of the mangoes into small pieces. Blend the mangoes to a smooth pulp.
- On a medium flame cook the mango pulp till the water content evaporates.
- Add the cinnamon powder and cardamom to the mango pulp and mix it well.
- In a large bowl add the fresh cream and condensed milk and beat the mixture well.
- Add the cooked mango pulp to the mixture and beat it well till it becomes smooth. You can use either a beater or a blender.
- Transfer the mixture to a container, close it tight and freeze the mixture till it sets.
- Chop the remaining mango into small pieces and deseed the pomegranate.
- Serve the frozen Mango Kulfi with the chopped mango, pomegranate and mint leaves.