- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 10 people
- Meal course
- Sweets & Desserts
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 30, 2017
About Mango Coconut Jelly with Agar Agar:
Summer for an Indian kid is all about mangoes and mango based sweets/desserts. It is one of the most consumed fruit during the days of summer. Often it is also called as King of Fruits. Usually, at Indian homes, a lot of mango based foods like Achar, Jam, Mango Pulp for making Juices and Milkshakes, and the Mango Jelly are prepared during this season and stored to make sure their taste buds taste mangoes throughout the year.
Mango Coconut Agar Agar Jelly is an energizing dessert which combines the flavours of both mango and coconut. The roots of this dessert are of South East Asia. It requires a few items for preparation but needs to be kept in the fridge for a long time for chilling!!!
- You can also add a little citrus or lime juice to the mango pulp while cooking for enhancing the flavour.
- Don’t overcook the coconut milk, because it would not taste good or if you don’t prefer coconut milk, you can make it with fresh cow milk.
- You can try this is any pulpy fruit of your choice.
- Puree the Mango Slices to a thick pulp and keep aside.
- On low flame place a heavy bottomed pan. Combine 50 ml water, 25 gm condensed milk, and 02 spoons of agar powder. Stir it continuously till the agar powder dissolves.
- Add the mango pulp and stir and cook it for two minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a jelly mould or large glass bowl, pour the cooked mango pulp. Leave it to cool in the fridge till it sets well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and boil on low flame. Turn off the flame and stir it till agar powder dissolves.
- Let the liquid cool to the room temperature and once chilled, pour it on the mango jelly.
- Once the jelly is set well, unmould the jelly, cut it into pieces and serve chilled.