- Preparation time
- 360 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- June 10, 2017
About Devilled Mint Chicken:
Living in India for a long time has influenced me a lot. I can understand the changes in my lifestyle. There is a complete change in my language and accent, preference for clothes, cuisines, movies and values. But still, my taste buds find something Sri Lankan to taste wherever I live.
Interestingly I have recently found there is an authentic Sri Lankan restaurant near of my office. It was too surprising me as I live in the city for more than 10 years, but I have never been there before. The menu card there reminded me a yummy, spicy and luscious devilled chicken.
Devilled chicken is a chicken recipe where the marinaded chicken is fried and cooked with tomato and garlic sauce. It gives a great company for fried rice or noodles.
Here I’m presenting an Indianized version of this wonderful chicken recipe by marinating it in a spicy mint curd paste.
- This is a totally an Indianized version of the recipe. You can just marinade the chicken only with pepper powder and salt while all other steps remain same.
- You can also try the recipe with small boneless chicken pieces and more tomato ketchup. It would be a better companion for fried rice or noodles.
- Prick the cleaned chicken legs in two-three places and keep aside.
- Clean the mint leaves, coriander leaves, 5 cloves of garlic, ginger and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add curd, lemon juice, coriander powder, garam masala powder and 2 tablespoons of salt to the mix and grind it again till it mixes well.
- Place the cleaned chicken legs in a bowl and pour the mint paste on it. Mix it well and marinade the chicken for at least 06 hrs.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and put the chicken legs into it. Deep-fry till the chicken legs are tender.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the finely chopped onions, garlic cloves and a little salt. Let the onions get a golden colour.
- Add tomato ketchup and chopped green chillies to it and stir it well. Once the mix is cooked well add the fried chicken to it, stir it until it is mixed well.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.